I’m running for the national committee because I want to help my political party, the Boston Tea Party, become a force in American politics. I want to see our party grow over the next four years so that, in 2012, our presidential candidate can be placed on the majority of state ballots. That’s a tough goal, but I think if we work hard towards it we can do it. I believe in liberty and I believe in you, the activists of this party. I’m not running to lead you or anyone else in the party; I’m running to help make this party work better for you and for America.
Below are some of the projects I’d like the national committee to work on. I’d listen to any impute or advice you might want to give me on these, or any other project you might want the committee to work on.
• STARTING A PARTY NEWSLETTER- There has been some discussion of starting a party newsletter by the National Committee, but there has been little action on getting one started. If elected to the committee I will help the committee work towards creating a functional print and e-mail newsletter. A newsletter would inform our members of important events, inspiring them to becoming more active within the party, and provide libertarian commentary on recent news, giving our membership intellectual fire to defend the cause of liberty.
• SUPPORTING THE GALLATIN INSTITUTE- If elected to the committee, I would lead the effort in providing support to open the Gallatin Institute. I would work towards the Gallatin Institute functioning as the intellectual arm of the Boston Tea Party, conducting research that would provide support to our party’s candidates. More information on this proposal can be found at http://bostontea.us/node/446.
• ORGANIZING BALLOT ACCESS- If elected, I would work towards having a national level Boston Tea Party partisan organization that would work with state parties and non-partisan organizations such as Freedom Ballot Access, Free and Equal, and The Coalition for Free and Open Elections to put Boston Tea Party candidates on the ballot.
• PROVIDING SURPORT TO OUR STATE PARTIES- I understand the proper role of the National Committee is to support our state and local Boston Tea Parties. If elected, I will help to focus the committee to provide the framework for national actives, without stepping out of the bounds set by the bylaws. I will not allow the committee to step out of its proper role and become overreaching like the LNC.
Like I said above, I’m running for your interests. So if I’m elected and you have any comments or suggests for the party, I will take them to the national committee. I will do this even if I disagree with them, because I want everyone’s voice to be heard in this party. I want to make this party work, will you help me?
-Raymond Lady
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment