Monday, March 23, 2009

Announcement of Campaign

My Fellow Boston Tea’ers,

I’ve watched as several of our National Committee members, most recently Tom Knapp and Steve Trinward, have resigned. Resignations are rarely a good thing and they often create unstable situations. But this situation has not come of the blue, our party has been plagued with problems and our National Committee has seemed to do nothing but escalate these problems.

I hope that I can change this. That is why, after much consideration and discussion with fellow patriots, I am announcing my intention to run for the open At-Large seat on the Boston Tea Party National Committee. I want to bring the message of our party once again to the forefront and leave silly personal vendettas behind. I want to bring the Boston Tea Party back to what it was founded to be, a populist party with a purely libertarian message. And most of all I want to bring the “party” back into the Boston Tea Party. I want to do this by helping to lead youthful (in both sprit and body) people not only into the membership of our party but into activism on behalf of liberty.

I am not new to this party; I have been actively involved in the Boston Tea Party since last summer. During the election I created a Yahoo message group to support our presidential candidate. I also wrote several editorials supporting our 2008 candidate on libertarian and Ron Paul websites across the internet. I created and still maintain our party’s Digg.com account. Since October of 2008 I have served as the Vice President of the Indiana affiliate of the Boston Tea Party and I’ve also organized the active Monroe County (IN) Boston Tea Party. I am committed to seeing this party succeed.

With all that said, I hope you will find me to be the best candidate for our party and vote for me in the poll during the special election, after I have been nominated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

-Raymond Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment